The Negative Supply Pro 35 Film Holder
Among dwindling home scanning options, DIY iPhone and DSLR options have become increasingly viable. More stable options were created and one of them was the Film Carrier MK1 from Negative Supply. The long-awaited successor has just been announced, the Pro Film Carrier 35.
It is a professional tool capable of digitizing all 35mm film formats including half frame, full frame (standard 35mm) and panoramic formats in a single capture while maximizing film flatness. Featuring smooth-rolling bearings, solid CNC-machined construction, and a thoughtful, modular suite of accessories, the Pro Film Carrier 35 is the ultimate tool for digitizing 35mm film.
The Negative Supply Pro Film Carrier 35 represents the next generation of 35mm film carriers for scanning film with a digital camera. This pro-level carrier is packed full of upgrades over the Film Carrier MK1 and is built to last. The Pro Film Carrier 35 has gone through an extensive R&D process with ideation beginning in 2020.
The Pro Film Carrier 35 is designed for sustained professional use. It has many upgrades requested by users since the establishment of our company.
- Scans 35mm half-frames up to full-frames in a single capture with custom masks included for each format
- Pro Film Carrier 35 is a “Pro” product replacing our Film Carrier MK1
- The most advanced 35mm film holder on the market
- Modular design with replaceable internal cassette for future upgrades and accessories
- Full border scanning cassette available at launch with matching full border masks
- Solid machined aluminum frame for durability and professional use
- Compatible with the Pro Mount MK2 with an updated adapter plate that will retain the mounting point of our anti-static dusting brush
- Compatible with our 4×5 light source base with custom adapter plate similar to our Basic Film Carrier 35 stabilizer mask
- Tighter, flatter and smoother film advancement with an updated transport mechanism using more efficient rollers and refined, smooth rolling
User-adjustable film gate to accommodate film drift from frame to frame, ensuring consistent lines and framing on a roll of 35mm film
The Film Carrier MK1 has done a lot for digitizing more professional 35mm film through a DSLR. Building on the design philosophy and concept of the MK1, the Pro Film Carrier 35 represents film scanning reinvented, now with included support for 35mm half-frame and panoramic formats, all in one device. This is included as a standard feature pin with every unit we produce.
Also new are adjustable tensioners in the scanning guides so that the film does not “drift” as it advances through the carrier. This makes automatic adjustments in post-processing much faster and provides professional-grade frame-by-frame consistency that commercial labs and institutions will rejoice.
Global launch day will have begun by the time of this article. There will be a “Launch Edition Pro Film Carrier 35”. This variant is limited to 100 units and features brass contact points and is individually numbered 1-100. For more information see the links below: